These are the ramblings of my new discoveries about food, crafts, fashion and nonsense.

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Good Day

Went shopping by myself today. It was nice to just have some time to myself.

I've been looking for a few things for about a month now and randomly found them today. At places I wouldn't think of for said things. It was great! ^.^ One thing is a bathing cap. I want it to mostly protect my hair when I go swimming. When I say swimming I mean aqua size and treading water. I don't like doing laps and I can't put my face in the water without serious anxiety. I tried out a speedo long hair cap as I have a lot of hair, even if it is very short. By the time I managed to finally get all of my hair under it, it had pulled out a significant amount. Then upon removal it took more! It was awful. So back it went. I wanted an old fashioned bathing cap that women wore in the '50s. I went into Winners on a whim, see what was there and BAM. There they are. I got two, one in leopard print and the other in a darling flower and sprout pattern. I'm ever so excited!
Also randomly at Winners, although I didn't buy any as I have much, there was saffron threads and pure vanilla extract. The saffron was in a glass case so you could see them - they were saffron. The vanilla was a brand that I trust and use. I was impressed. Never underestimate Winners, it can surprise you!
The other thing I was looking for were a pair of small white winter gloves. I've always called them skating gloves as we used them for practice. They're short cuffed and light weight. I wanted them to go under a darling pair of fingerless arm warmers that I purchased to finish a set I had. Well I found them. At Old Navy. Certainly a place I wouldn't think of to look for gloves. Best of all? The price tag said $4.29, a deal for two pairs, when I was rung up they were $1.29 including tax! Wahoo!

Tomorrow I make the excursion to Michael's for my decoden. I've held off until tomorrow because Micheal's is having a big sale from 1pm - 7pm - 20% off your whole purchase! Score! I'm anxiously awaiting that. I'm very eager to start my project as I've planned out what I'm doing and am very excited.
My plan: On the lower half I'm planning a flush bow made of crystals. On the top right I'm planning a 3D bow (much like this double bow.) made of dark pink and lighter pink with white polka dots. I'm hoping to find a nice pink heart jewel for the center. The rest of the surface I'm hoping to find pearls in pink and white to fill in.
Fingers crossed it works out and I don't throw it against a wall if it doesn't. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment